Download Speed Test is one of the ways to help the customers to ensure the quality of their service. To perform this test, you can click here, and upon entering the webpage of download speed test, you can measure the download speed of your system in the web pages. Remember that to view this web page, you need to install the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) software on your system.
Also during this test, the following points may be of interest to you:
- The system has been created to provide the speed control of subscription services for broadband Internet subscribers in accordance with the Decision No. 152 of the Communications Regulatory Commission, which tests the quality and speed of access for the subscribers of Shatel Network.
- Before the test, you can ensure the suitability of the physical parameters of your DSL line, including noise and signal. You can contact with the Shatel’s Technical Support experts.
- During the test, no other software or systems should be in use, or the results would not be accurate and reliable.
- To ensure the result, you are recommended to take the test by connecting the system to the CPE via network cable. The wireless network used in your place may have adverse effect on the result of your test because of ambient noise.
- It is important to remember that the speed of subscription services is announced on the basis of “bits per second”. However, the speed usually displayed by download software is based on “bytes per second”. For example, if you have the 128 (kilobits per second)service, when downloading by Internet Explorer, the speed proportional to your service will be up to 16 “kilobits per second.”
No doubt, in case of contradiction between this speed and that of the service you get from the Shatel, you can contact the Shatel’s Technical Support Division to remove your problems in different ways and resolve this problem using different support divisions in the Shatel’s Website.
Undoubtedly, the provision of services with the best quality to our customers is always considered one of the most important objectives of the Shatel.