- 1) What are the new technologies in addition to ADSL2+?
- Other technologies such as 3G, 4G and most recently 5G have been added to the wireless networks, but Shatel now offers the highest-speed service called VDSL service, which offers the service at speeds of 20 Mbps and 50 Mbps.
- 2) What are the advantages of ADSL compared to 3G and 4G or LTE?
- Simultaneous connection of multiple systems and mobiles to one service
- Comparing to 3G and 4G technologies, ADSL2+ has the ability to efficiently manage telecommunication facilities due to the fixed number of users in each area, in a way that it prevents a drop in the service speed in over-populated areas, and users will experience the best quality throughout the day. Also, DSL quality is not affected by weather conditions and physical barriers. (In 3G, a connection can provide speeds of up to 400 Kbps or up to 10 times as fast as that. The maximum speed of 3G can be up to 42 Mbps, but in Iran, according to the rules and regulations of the Islamic Republic, this system will provide the maximum speed of up to half Mbps or 5Mbps.)
- ADSL service costs far less
- In the ADSL service, several users can use one service, but for 3G and 4G services which are usually received on mobile phones, each user must purchase a separate package for their own line. Even a 3G or 4G modem for multi-user options is very expensive.