- 1) What is the equipment needed to receive the service?
- Modem- Splitter- Network Card- Access point
- VMG Modem -Splitter- Network Card- Access point
- CPE- Cable- Modem- Network Card- Access point- POE – POW
Or CPE is a device that connects to the telephone line on the subscriber’s side. Click here to view the list of modems tested on Shatel network.
This piece is installed on the phone line before the phones and modems, and separates Voice and Data signals to prevent interferences.
- Network card or USB port or wireless network card or wireless phone
The modem must, in some way, transfer the Internet to user’s system:
- LAN: If both the modem and the user’s system are equipped with a LAN port and the LAN driver is installed on the system, this type of connection will be possible.
- Wireles: If the modem and user’s system are equipped with wireless, and the wireless driver is installed on the system, this type of connection will be possible.
- USB: If the modem and user’s system are equipped with wireless, and the USB driver is installed on the system, this type of connection will be possible.
- Acces point
The equipment which is required to wirelessly use the systems.
- 2) How many types of ADSL2+ modems exist?
- Wired or cable modems
The regular modems (combo) have a LAN outlet (network port) and a USB outlet, which means that all systems can only be connected to the modem by means of a cable
- Wireless modems
Wireless modems, in addition to having a LAN port, can be wirelessly connected to laptops, mobiles and other wireless Internet systems.
- 3) Which modems are supported by Shatel?
- Shatel Company supports ZyXEL modems, which enjoy a one-year guarantee.