Before you order ADSL2+ services, please make sure that your telephone line is in the area of Shatel’s services coverage. Checking ADSL2+ access It should be noted that offering ADSL2+ is only possible on copper pair cables. So if your telephone line is provided by optical fiber from Telecom Center, setting up ADSL2+ services will not be possible. We recommend you to contact Shatel’s experts for alternative solutions.
Procedure at a glance
Please be aware that:
- The given waiting time is subject to change based on the day (beginning or the end of the week) you place your order.
- The said waiting period is partly out of Shatel’s control, and can change depending on the telecommunication center.
- The subscriber’s cooperation in preparing the documents, answering the phone and being available at the time of installation, can considerably speed up the whole process.
- There may be disruptions after the closed loop connection is set up. In such cases, the problem should be taken care of by the telecom center after the installation.
Tips to prevent installation delays
- Your order for Shatel’s high speed Internet services will be delivered quickly and smoothly if you follow certain steps. Pay attention to the following instructions during the whole process from ordering to installation.
- Fill in the service application forms, contract and telecom letter of consent. Do not leave any blank section.
- If you have applied for a service as a legal entity (company or organization), the entire forms and documents must be sealed and signed by the authorized signatories.
- Send your last paid phone bill along with the other documents.
- Provide contact numbers in the application forms so that Shatel agents can contact you to make arrangements and carry out the installation.
- Make sure you are available when Shatel’s agents and installation team visit you.